This is a beautiful boxlock ejector by J. & W. Tolley, built in 1894. The nitro-proved Damascus barrels are 28″ with a bold pattern and only a couple minor marks (near the breech end.) The chambers are 2 1/2″ and the bores are excellent, choked .013/.042 (about IC/F). The action locks up tight with a doll’s head extension, and has intercepting sears – a feature found only on high quality doubles. The receiver has the maker’s name, along with bouquet and acanthus scroll engraving. On the underside of the action is engraved: PATENT HAMMERLESS EJECTOR. The wood has beautiful figure and crisp checkering, and measures 1 1/2″ x 2 5/8″ x 14 7/8″ over a checkered butt with engraved heel and toe plates. The cast is neutral. The fore-end features a Deeley-style latch release. The weight is 6 lbs 13 oz. A really, really nice bird gun.